Choose one of the following projects to demonstrate all of the amazing secrets of life that you learned from Stargirl.
- In the final chapter, Leo says that his class has a reunion every five years. Write a final chapter to this novel in which Stargirl shocks the class by showing up at the 25th reunion.
- The final line of the novel is that Leo receives a porcupine necktie in the mail. Write the last chapter of this novel in which Leo and Stargirl reunite as adults. Choose their ages, year of reunion, and create their life stories since they departed during high school.
- Stargirl teaches Leo the secret to her “Random Acts of Kindness.” Choose five people in your life and create five anonymous acts of kindness that would cheer them up. Write a paper that describes who, what, where, and when, as well as how it all turns out. Note: the specifics of this project must be approved by me.
- Stargirl shows up at school during dismissal and invites you to an “enchanted place” to meditate and talk. Where do you go? What is your meditation like? What do you talk about? What spiritual mysteries do you learn? Write a narrative in which you describe this journey.
- Hillari Kimble is always angry with Stargirl in this novel, and the two exchange a significant moment at the Ocotillo Ball. Write a story that describes how this moment becomes a life-changing event for Hillari and how she becomes a Stargirl “disciple.”
- Next year, you have to move to a new school. Write a short story that describes how you become a “Stargirl” by taking your new classmates by surprise!
- Paper must be typed.
- Heading should include name, class, and project choice.
- Font should be Times Roman, size 12pt
- Recommended 500-1000 worlds (1-2 pages)
- Due Monday, January 24th.